Among those things that you’ll be able to find in any corner of the world are smartphones.
These devices in conjunction with the internet have connected millions and millions of people around the world. And has contributed to their overall efficiency in work, of the many different things that it has done.
Imagine for a second, as to how much smarter you are with these smartphones than you’d be without it. And with all of these powerful attributes, it has truly become a must-have in our day to day lives. Students love these, as mobile apps help them a lot with their education.
Now, let me make clear here as to what the main deal is here with these mobile devices. And, it has to do with all the data, not only from our professional lives but the personal as well.
That is where problems can arise.
Well what can Go Wrong Here
Data can be volatile. Especially data from mobile devices which is almost always in transit with the various apps and all that.
More than that the smartphone is a device which you’ll be using on the go. In different places with different security concerns, which can be risky, to be honest. Especially if you store important data in it, the stakes will be even higher.
Now as to the reasons behind any case of data loss from your smartphone, here are 3 primary ones.
- Physical Damage to the Device: The smartphone has numerous functional components which work together to carry out the different tasks. Any physical damage can, believe it or not, throw a wrench into the gear. And thus result in data loss, among many of the different possibilities.
- Malware Attacks: This is the most common among the causes of data loss from smartphones. Although malware is the culprit for issues like this irrespective of devices. But due to the way we use these mobile devices, makes them relatively more vulnerable to malware attacks.
- Accidental Deletion of Data: Yes, this is a real thing. You might wonder why would anybody delete important files that they might have. But due to the huge quantities of data that is there. Such things can mistakenly happen.
Barring these, there can be other technical glitches that can cause such catastrophic data loss from your phone.
But, as every dark cloud of despair brings with it a silver lining of hope. There are ways you can overcome such data loss issues from your mobile devices. But how?
What to do for Proper Data Recovery and what not to do
Here, I’ll be going over all the things that you must do. In case you happen to find yourself in a situation like we’re discussing.
One thing that I must make clear is that not all of these are going to be techniques set in stone. But more like guidelines for you to stick to in adverse situations like that. That way, you’ll be able to either fix the problem at hand.
Or else, you’ll be able to save time in the process of recovering all the data that you’ve lost.
So, to start with, let’s take a look at the things that you must do if you’re data loss from your mobile device.
The Must do Things for Mobile Data Recovery
Have a look at the things that you must do if you want to retrieve the data that you’ve lost. Without any adverse effects on your device or the software system.
- The most common reaction to an issue like this is to freak out. You must keep your head straight and focus on the things that you can control, over anything else. Make sure to keep a note of every detail regarding this issue.
- Have a look into all the connections that are there with the drive. So that you can identify any issue that might be there. As that information is going to be important when you’ll be fixing the issue.
- A very important thing to do in a situation like this is to take a back up of the data as soon as possible. You must do that just as you face such data loss issue.
- There can be certain physical manifestations of any issue with your drive. Like clicky sounds, cracking noises and all that. If you’re facing that, then you should immediately switch the system off to avoid further damage.
- In case, it is the external drive that is showing signs of the problem, then take it out. And, attach it to another working device to see if it is working or not.
- If you can’t access any of the data whatsoever, and nothing else you do is working, then the issue might be rather serious. So, you need to abandon the drive for the time being. Then, get in touch with the experts to avoid further issues and effectively fix the problem at hand.
What no to do
And now that I’ve covered all the things that you must do. The other side of the coin is the things that you must not do in a situation like this.
So, let’s put a highlight onto those, shall we?
- Well, when you’re facing the issue of data loss from your mobile device, then the feeling of frustration is pretty normal. And because of that, you might want to physically attack the device to get it to work again. Don’t do that, as that will only make things worse.
- Don’t go ahead and change up the different circuit boards of the devices in question. That will lead to the problem of firmware area conflict, which will create more problems for you.
- Defragmentation is a thing that many people resort to when they face problems like this. Don’t do this as it might cause you to lose the data permanently from the device itself. And then there will be no way for you to get it back.
- Another hack popular in the tech community is to heat up the problematic drive or freeze it in some cases. Although that can solve certain minor technical problems, in case of an issue of data loss. Don’t go for this, as it will physically damage the component.
- Don’t continue to run the component if it is not responding properly. As forcing it will push the damages further.
- Never attempt to open the casing of the device in which the data loss has taken place. Unless you’re an expert, 9 out of 10 times you’ll end up damaging it irreparably.
- If you’re thinking of browsing the internet from the device from which you’ve lost the data. Avoid it at any cost as the browser you’ll use will save the cache to the disk. This will definitely aggravate the problem.
- Refrain from copying new files or run new programs onto the drive if you’ve lost data from it recently. That will overwrite the data which you could have recovered otherwise, with SD Card Recovery or with Data Recovery Services.
And this brings us to the close of this list of the do’s and don’ts for mobile data recovery.
Here, you have a comprehensive list of what to do and what not to in case you face this scenario. But those are mostly the ways in which you can avoid further damage. Not solutions which will bring back the data that you’ve lost.
So, the answer is tech support.
If you want to get back all that data, you’ll have to go to experts for that. As they are the ones who’ll possess all the skills to safely retrieve all of that data from your mobile device.